- Read "Mr. Wiggles" (ebook) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oes1PE58WQE
- Play No, No Never/Yes, Yes Always as a group
- Take a flashlight tour of the library with the lights off
- Practice using a shelf marker
STANDARD 1. INQUIRE, THINK CRITICALLY, AND GAIN KNOWLEDGE.
- Understand that a library is organized for ease in locating information and ask for help in locating materials.
- Demonstrate good library citizenship, including behavior and proper use and treatment of print materials and electronic resources (e.g., equipment, software, databases).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the school library personnel, organization, routines, procedures, and expectations.
- Develop a basic library vocabulary.
- Use the library check-out system, understanding the concept of borrowing and returning items.
1st -5th: Star Reading Tests
- Take 1st STAR Reading test on ipads to discover individual student reading levels for AR goals.
- Check out books
STANDARD 4. PURSUE PERSONAL AND AESTHETIC GROWTH
- Independently select books and/or magazines for classroom assignments and leisure reading