- Read a story and discuss the characters
- Sing Shake Your Sillies Out
- Read another story
- Draw one of the characters in the story
Kindergarten: I can draw a monster by listening to its description.
- Read aloud Go Away, Big Green Monster by Ed Emberley without showing the illustrations to the students.
- Ask students to draw a monster based on the story's words.
- Allow students to compare their picture with their classmates' drawings.
- Discuss how we all heard the same story, but interpreted the words differently.
3rd - 5th Grades: Mid Year Star Reading Test