-Seat students on story rug.
-Read A Book is Just Like You! aloud.
-Point out the parts of the book you just read, including cover, spine, title, pages, and call number sticker.
-Have students return to their tables and pick up a book from the center.
-Call out each book part and have students point along with you, then
-If time allows, have students quiz one another.
-Check out books
First Grade: I can retell a story
- Read a version of Cinderella aloud.
-Display the Story Retelling Graphic Organizer on the interactive whiteboard and complete it as a group.
-check out books
Second Grade: I can read and understand an informational text.
- Students choose an informational AR book on their book level to read at least 2x's
- Take an AR quiz on the book
- AR conferences with students
- Check out new AR book
Third Grade: I can identify elements of fables and folk tales
-ppt of the differences between fables, fairy tales and myths
-Choose several fables and/or folk tales for students to read.
-Students will read each story and fill out a Fable/Folk Tale graphic organizer
Fourth Grade: I can define and identify plagiarism
- ppt identifying passages what were plagiarized or not
- choice board about plagiarism etc.
- check out AR book
Fifth Grade: I can evaluate a website.
-Continued from last week