- Play No, No Never/Yes, Yes Always as a group
- Practice using a shelf marker
- check out books
STANDARD 1. INQUIRE, THINK CRITICALLY, AND GAIN KNOWLEDGE.
- Understand that a library is organized for ease in locating information and ask for help in locating materials.
- Demonstrate good library citizenship, including behavior and proper use and treatment of print materials and electronic resources (e.g., equipment, software, databases).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the school library personnel, organization, routines, procedures, and expectations.
- Develop a basic library vocabulary.
- Use the library check-out system, understanding the concept of borrowing and returning items.
2nd -5th: AR Goals for the 1st 9 weeks
- use ipads or chromebooks to review personal AR goals
- complete personal goal planning sheet
- AR /library choice board
- self check out AR books
- Grades 3-4 only (SLT pretest)
STANDARD 4. PURSUE PERSONAL AND AESTHETIC GROWTH
- Independently select books and/or magazines for classroom assignments and leisure reading